Like churros, enchiladas, chilaquiles, tacos, and many more dishes, a Mexican quesadilla is also full of flavor, rich in protein and vitamins, and low in fat.
What is Quesadilla?
Quesadilla is a Mexican dish that is a sandwich of meat, cheese, or veggies in flour or corn tortilla with desired toppings and sauces.
Mexican food is one of the three international cuisines that is recognized by UNESCO. It has a savory and earthy flavor. Chili pepper is the most abundant used ingredient in traditional Mexican food.
It can be used as a snack – quesadilla burger, breakfast meal with scrambled eggs, lunch meal, or dinner with steak/ meat and vegetables.
How to make Mexican Quesadilla at home?
Let us look at a simple quesadilla recipe – Italian Pizza- Recipe to make it at home
You would like to know –
- Vegetable oil
- Chicken pea
Recipe of Quesadilla-
- Heat the tortillas – First, take a skillet, add oil to it, keep it in low flame, and then add tortillas in it and cook it until it shows heat pockets.
- Add cheese/ ingredients– After that, add cheese, mushroom, onion, tomatoes, chicken (pre-cooked), and salt to the tortilla’s pan forming a thin layer.
- Cover the pan and cook the above for 5 min. Check to melt cheese (cheddar or Monterey), browning of tortillas, and cooking of stuffing.
- By using a spatula, flip half of the tortilla over the other half.
- Remove the pan from the stove. Cut the quesadilla into wedges and serve it with sour cream, guacamole, or salsa. Add the seasoning.
You may like to know – Chinese BBQ Char Siu
Types of Mexican Quesadilla with the recipe-
There are many different quesadilla dishes such as-
-Quesadilla Salvadorena cheesecake
- Prepare a mixture of cheese with milk and cream.
- Separate egg yolks from egg whites.
- Beat the egg whites until creamy peaks appear then add sugar to it slowly. Egg yolks to it and blend well.
- To this add flour, and melted butter and mix well.
- Use an electric blender and add the creamy mixture to it.
- Place the prepared batter, season it with sesame seeds, and bake it.
- Add beef, garlic, jalapenos, chili powder, and salt to a bowl and mix well. Make patties.
- Fry the patties in a pan with oil from both sides for about 5 min each.
- Take a skillet, add oil to it, keep it in low flame then add tortillas in it and cook it until it shows heat pockets.
- Assembling – Take the tortilla and layer it with lettuce, then mayonnaise, then patties, sauce, and other toppings such as onion. and tomato slices.
- Cover it with a tortilla and serve. with sour cream or salsa.
You may also love to know about – Peking Roasted Duck
–Pizzidine ( quesadilla in the form of a pizza)
- Prepare a tomato sauce.- Puree onion, chili, salt, and tomatoes and heat it in a pan with oil, add water to get the correct consistency.
- Heat the tortilla in a pan with butter on the lower side. Spread the sauce layer on the tortilla and add cheese to it. To this add a layer of beans, mushroom, onion, olives, and other toppings, and add cheese again to it.
- Cover it for 5 min for the vegetables to get tender and the cheese to melt.
- Take the pan out of the flame. Cut it into wedges and serve.
How do store Mexican Quesadilla?
It can be stored for 4-5 days in a refrigerator with airtight container packing. Quesadilla has both vegetarian and non-vegetarian options, snack or meal options so try the dishes and drive into the taste and enjoy.
Know About – Chicken Chestnut