Enchiladas is one of the popular Mexican foods. It is refreshing, flavourful, affordable, nutritious, and with wild variety. Mexican food has a large choice according to everyone’s preference. Enchiladas have the same choice. You can look for a meat or vegetable one. Different toppings and sauces. This is high in calories, and low in carbs. It has good protein content, fibers, and vitamins and it is low in oil and fats.
Enchiladas mean to season with a chill.
It consists of tortillas rolled around a filling and covered with a savory sauce
Enchiladas itself can be seen as enchiladas con chile rojo, enchiladas con mole, enchiladas poblanas, enchiladas potosinas, enchiladas San Miguel, enchiladas suizas, enchiladas montadas, enchiladas verdes, entomatadas, enjococadas etc.
Variety of Filling– Enchiladas can be filled with meat (that can be pork, chicken, beef, etc.) vegetables, tofu, beans, and cheese.
Various toppings/garnishes – used are cheese, sour cream, lettuce, olives, chopped onion, chili pepper, sliced avocado, coriander, salsa, etc.
What is the recipe for Mexican Enchiladas?
You would like to Know about – Italian Pizza- Recipe to make it at home
Let us look at a simple homemade Enchiladas recipe –
- Vegetable oil
- Sour cream
- Iceberg lettuce
- Green chili
- Apple cider vinegar
Recipe of Enchiladas
- Preparation of tortillas for the enchiladas-
Fry the tortilla in a pan with vegetable oil till it turns brown. This leads to softening of tortillas for easy rolling.
- Preparation of sauce –
To a pan add oil then add chopped onion and cook until it becomes transparent. Then add garlic, tomatoes, and green chili, to it one by one. Now add water to it and maintain the paste consistency.
Add sugar if it feels vinegary
You may like to know about – Mexican Quesadilla- Make it at home easily with our recipe
- Filling of tortillas – Fill the tortillas with 2 /3 of the cheese and then roll it.
- Baking– Arrange the filled tortillas to try. Then spread the sauce all over it and cover the leftover space with cheese. Bake it at 350°F for 10- 15 min.
- Serve– Garnish it with lettuce, sour cream, and cilantro.
How to store Enchiladas?
The prepared enchiladas can be stored for four days in the refrigerator. If kept in the freezer it can be used for 3 months. Keep it well in an airtight container.
2. Green chili enchiladas –
- Tomatillo sauce – remove the husk of tomatillo and cut it in half. Keep it in the oven at 415°F for 5 min until it becomes brown. Now puree the tomatillo with salt tomatoes and some onion.
- Roasting the chilies – roast green chili directly over the flame until it turns black. Now remove it black cover and seeds. Cut it into stripes.
- Preparation of tortillas – fry the tortillas in vegetable oil until it turns golden.
- Assembling green chili enchiladas – Fill the tortillas with cheese and prepare green chili and roll it. Bake it with sauce and oven it for 5 min. Serve while hot with cilantro, cheese, and other toppings.
Know about – Chinese BBQ Char Siu
For Red chili chicken enchiladas the red chili sauce is used as a dip. The tortillas are dipped in the sauce and then filled and baked. It gives it a unique flavor.
Know more about – Chicken Chestnut